1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Why has my Galaxy Note stopped sending or receiving picture messages

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Elise Cummings, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Elise Cummings

Elise Cummings New Member

Dec 15, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Does anyone have a clue as to why my Galaxy Note has just stopped sending or receiving picture messages ? I have always been able to load them with Wi-Fi turned off and data turned on . But now it will not load at all . I would appreciate any help that I can get to fix this problem .

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you getting any error messages? Are you on a full data plan with your service provider or is it a pay and go?

With nothing to go on you should probably contact your service provider to request they check that your data plan is set up correctly for MMS.

Are all the other functions working like texting, calling, Internet access, etc?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Elise Cummings

Elise Cummings New Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I am not getting any error messages at all It just continues to show that it is downloading but never does . I am not on a pay as you go plan and have plenty of data .I am also not having any other problems with the phone at all .

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Unless you recently loaded an app that is conflicting with another function not sure what to tell you.

If you haven't already you should try a reboot. I believe the Note models have a removable battery. With the device on, remove the battery, count to 20 and replace it allowing the device to fully boot. Try it again.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you can try a hard reset, which will reset the device to factory fresh, but it will also wipe your data so make sure you have a full backup. A guide is here.