1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is MMS locking up my phone? Please help!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jstevanus, Jul 19, 2012.

1. jstevanus

jstevanus New Member

Jul 19, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Whenever I get an MMS picture message, my phone is almost completely locked up when I'm viewing my main messages list screen. I've tried using different SMS apps like GoSMS, and Handcent, and nothing helps. Basically, someone sends me a picture, and if I click on it, it takes about 10 seconds before the message even opens. Then, I see a thumbnail of the pic, but I can't even type a text to reply because it's so locked up. I have to hit Home, then go back to my messages, then delete the thread with the picture in it so that I can send a text again. I've searched like crazy, for hours, looking for a solution and nothing has worked. Please, somebody give me some kind of suggestion maybe I haven't tried yet!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    How much available memory do you have on the device and the sdcard if you have one?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jstevanus

jstevanus New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    It's an HTC Evo 3D. I've uninstalled every app I don't use, cleared the cache of every app, deleted the internet history, deleted the call history, and any other temp data I could find. I have over 5GB left on my SD card, and 499MB on the internal storage. I usually have about 200MB of RAM available at any given time. Maybe a little more if I run one of those memory booster type programs, which I don't use anymore.