1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the G1?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tomandrew, Sep 21, 2008.

1. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008

Sponsored Ad

When was the G1 offically announced as a new development? and why do you think they are doing it? Is it to give people choice and competition to the apple iPhone which seems to be doing so well?

I personally think it will beat the iPhone.. But that is just me.

2. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    I think just the thought of G1's release in near future must have had some effect on iPhone sales. Google is a great firm and a very popular one at that. They have been wise to keep Android open systems. gPhone will beat iPhone in no time!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dodgyant

dodgyant New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    You have to remember, just because a product is better, doesnt necessarily mean that it will beat the existing one. To bring up the analogy I used in another post, Mozilla, in terms of features, is a lot better than IE, however, IE still has 70% market share.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    But a few years ago, didn't IE have 85%? Things change over time....

SteveTaz

6. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    googel is trying to be the best i think i mean come on they have there own mobile phone software, internet browsers, mail system, search engine, blogs, forums, etc and wayyyyyy more

7. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    There is some thing wonderfully different about "Open systems". It helps the product get really up, close and personal with people who want to use it. Linux, for example, has become such a huge hit that it is the basis of many applications now. iPhone, similarly, is a great product. But the silly restriction of even third party application development will have to work really hard to keep off the interest in "free to experiment" android.

8. theevilone

theevilone New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    In two years or less gphone will give apple a run for it's money. I love the iphone, but I need a new toy like gphone with all kinds of different apps to play with.

9. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    i know what you mean

10. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Two years is a LONG time. I think Apple will have to slash down prices and get rid of some of the silly restrictions if it still wants to be a player in the market! Most probably, by the end of 2009 many more firms will launch their gPhones. The end of iPhone is near :)

11. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    well almost every phone recently has been labeled iphone killer , omnia, instinct, g1, diamond,

12. kalva2410

kalva2410 New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    change sometimes is a slow process...Mozilla eventually will take over...G1 is a better phone than the iphone.As you can see everyone is going over to the touch type of phones.Street view is a excellent feature...Like one video i watched..What if your looking for parking?hey just turn on the street view and you can do a 360 turn around the area.

13. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    And how many of those are actually iPhone killers?
    None.
    :)

14. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    so you believe the iphone is better personally after using the omnia i think its a hell of a lot better

15. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    Everyone has their own opinion. In MY opinion, the iPhone's better, and in YOUR opinion the Omnia's better. To each his own.
    :)