1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Why won't I get the update?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by cutty jabip, May 17, 2011.

1. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011

Sponsored Ad

All my friends at work have the thunderbolt as do I. They all got the update but my wont receive it. Anyone know why?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What update?
    The last Verizon update from a week or so ago?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011
    Idk whig one it is. I never got any of them. I click software update check new and nothing comes up. It searches for like 15 seconds then that's it.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    How do you know you DIDNT get it yet if you dont know what it is? (just kidding)
    Check what build they are running vs what you are running, maybe we can figure out what your missing.

Are you rooted by chance? If so, you wont get OTA updates.

6. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011
    I'm running 2.2.1 or something like that. And I have no.clue what rooted means lol.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Ok so then your not rooted. What build are your coworkers running?
    Try to be specific so we can figure out what you need.... 'or something like that' doesnt help that much :)

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Alright so I just checked with someone else who has the Tbolt and they didn't receive the update yet either. It probably hasn't finished getting to everyone yet. It comes in batches and eventually everyone will receive it.

Sit tight for a little longer!