1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Wifi error

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Screamz, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Screamz

Screamz New Member

Mar 8, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Ok so yesterday i dropped my phone and now my wifi will not even turn on. I have the atrix 4g this is my third time having this phone and this same thing happened to my original. Is it possible that something internally disconnected? If so i can open the phone and re connect it i just need to know what exactly it is. I have att so someone answer ASAP i cant keep wasting my data :/.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If we consider cause and effect, the fact you dropped it and WiFi stopped working would indicate something happened internally. The question is if something disconnected or if it is possible a board even cracked.

Anything is possible and if you feel qualified then disassembling could reveal the problem. However, if it is a cracked board or broken solder joint you may or may not see it. If it is under warranty or if you have insurance opening yourself will void coverage.

Google "atrix 4g disassembly" and you will get a number of hits including YouTube guides. Perhaps one of those will show you a WiFi component that could be the problem.

Good luck and thanks for registering here at eA. Let us know what you do.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh, and given this is the second time you might consider something like an OtterBox for your next phone. Dropping a smartphone is very risky as you have discovered.

5. Screamz

Screamz New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Ive opened up an trix before and this one was handed down to me from my older brother because the second one got stolen. Once i get home ill let you know what i find. Thanks for the help