1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

WiFi issue.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgray636, Jul 13, 2013.

1. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010

Sponsored Ad

For some reason, when my screen locks, I lose my WiFi connection. Not normally a big deal, except for streaming, normally Slacker, ESPN radio, and MLB. I have checked all of my settings, and everything is as it should be. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Curious if you looked at the setting for keeping WiFi on during sleep? On the Galaxy I get there from Settings > Menu Button > Advanced

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Assuming you did check that setting have you tried the ever popular reset by pulling the battery, count to 20 and replace the battery and letting it fully reboot?

Seems to clean up some weirdness with Android. Not just for BlackBerry.....

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Maybe this app might help if all else fails.

Looking around it seems to be an issue for many....I really don't use WiFi much so I have not noticed that behavior.

6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Thanks Steve. Didn't know about that. Was set to never stay connected when sleeping. Changed it to when plugged in. About the battery pull, RAZR's have the battery permanently installed. No battery pull is possible.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Wow! Really? Just surprised is all... I use it whenever and whereve I can. Much better on battery life using WiFi and much better on data usage obviously.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I have mine set to Always, so that even when sleeping during the day at work, it never goes off of WiFi and back to cell. much healthier for the battery life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    No WiFi connectivity in the truck. Have to use mobile data. Only need it at home.

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't use WiFi much because when you don't pay the bill you really don't pay attention to the data charges.

I am connected to WiFi when I am home, but that is automatic after connecting the first time.

My battery life has been pretty darned good with the Galaxy. I am up and out the door at 4:35am and at the gym for 1 1/4hr using the Galaxy as a music player then using the phone all day. I am generally at about 30% by 9:00pm. Since I get up so early I am usually in bed by 9:30 or so and I think that battery life has been real good. All day without having to charge.

One thing is that I do not have 4G at home or near work and while in Miami last week I saw 4G often and my battery life definitely took a hit. Especially when I was in a fringe area and the phone was searching for the 4G. Funny, I found the phone to actually be slower when connecting to the web or even downloading web pages when connected to 4G. In the airport I actually had to pull the battery to reset the device as it was unable to connect to anything after the 4G was in and out a few times.

Of course that could just be due to Sprint's version of 4G, but since I don't pay I don't have a lot of choices.

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I get a mall monhtly stipend for my data service, although they then takes taxes out of it, so it doens't actually cover the fulkl amount. The legislature ruled it "income". But regardless, I still always pay attention to data usage... DSDF I guess.

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    In our case the company provides the phones and the service so there is no income. I do get a monthly check for automobile allowance and yes, that is considered income. I suppose that when the government wakes up and realizes companies are providing what could be considered a fringe benefit (phone, phone service and phone data) they will begin to tax it. Then we will have to report our personal usage of the phone service and data and it will become a real pain in the butt. That is what happened when I used to have a company car. They paid for everything and gradually the government moved it to begin reporting the personal miles as an income and eventually the lease values were added and it became a mess.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you give me a clue as to what DSDF means?

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Different Strokes, Different Folks

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    This aging thing is going really well.....Thanks for the clarification!

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well, we could compare ages. Last time I checked, I was 48. Greay hair makes me look older and distinguished. The ladies love that. Oh wait...delusional goes with aging, right?

16. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Wow, started a thread to fix a WiFi issue, and the people here go the extra mile. Feeling better about being 38. Thanks guys! :D

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    We've got your back Dennis. <G>

18. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    When was the last time you checked? If that is current I have you by a dozen years.....

I vaguely remember 38

Dennis?

19. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I last checked at my lat birthday which was in May
    Thought that was DGray's first name...if I'm wrong, my apologies...

20. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    No problem. BTW, it's Darren.

21. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Please accept my apologies. I'll try to keep better track of that. No offense was intended.