1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

wifi problemes after installing CM 10.1 for Note n8000

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by DREAMER001, May 5, 2013.

1. DREAMER001

DREAMER001 New Member

May 5, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I installed CyanogenMod Nightly 10.1 on Note 10.1 n8000 and it runs fine. I followed the steps shown in the other forms and everything worked.

But i am facing a problem, I can't connect to my wifi router , i enter my wifi password and connect then suddenly the tablet shows that the connection signal is weak and then it disconnects, then the signal returns strong.

I tried changing the password encryption, ssid, channel, rebooting both tablet and router, using wifi manager app and wifi fixer but nothing worked.

Everything else in my tablet works fine.

I installed the package :

cm-10.1-20130504-NIGHTLY-n8000.zip

gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

I tried installing others but the problem stays.

Please can any one help.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am not seeing any other mentions of the problem you are having and it looks like you installed the latest file.

You posted on enough forums so hopefully someone will be able to give you a solution or suggestions....

Wish I could help.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. DREAMER001

DREAMER001 New Member

May 5, 2013
    I now suspect that the wifi stoped working after the root.
    I first rooted my tablet and never checked the wifi then installed cm 10.1.
    could the rooting process be the problem??

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Did you use the device with the stock system before rooting? If so, then either the root or the software you loaded has "broken" the WiFi. However, since I am not seeing any other mention of that particular problem posted anywhere I am suspicious of possible hardware failure.

If you did not use the device as it came out of the box and know for a fact the WiFi was working fine you are faced with a bit of a quandry.....

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Was the Note bought new or used?

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Do you have another phone or tablet that connects to the router? Do they hold the signal without issue?

8. DREAMER001

DREAMER001 New Member

May 5, 2013
    The tablet i bought was new and i tested the wifi and it worked fine.
    But after rooting and installing the cm 10.1 the wifi malfunctioned.
    the tablet can scan normally for wireless network and asks for the key normally but when i connect to a wireless network the signal suddenly becomes weak (as if it is droping the connection). Before connecting the signal bars are at maximum but when connecting there is only one signal bar.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    It would certainly appear to be something to do with the mod then. Either try downloading and installing a fresh copy, try an earlier version or consider going back to stock.

10. DREAMER001

DREAMER001 New Member

May 5, 2013
    Thanks for your reply.
    I tried several other roms from cm 10.1 and AOKP but the problem remained.
    I am trying to find the stock rom, the one i found is hosted on hotfile and is non-resumable (1 GB) i am trying to find another source.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Could this be of any help? NOTE that I am not a modder and am merely providing the link for you to investigate and to decide....

#10 stevetaz, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014