1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Work Email set up

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by boog55, Dec 9, 2010.

1. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Having a hard time setting up work email. I have used every set up possible and I am not getting any help from my tech dept. It is probably a corporate acct so is there a place i can go on my work computer to find out the information i need to set up my phone?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If it is an exchange account, you will need to be provisioned for Active Sync Access. Your IT dept has to add that to your account and then provide you with necessary server addresses.

You can probably set it up as a POP or IMAP account, but you would need those specific addresses as well which may differ from Exchange Addresses, but you can try to dig through your Outlook settings on your PC.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    email set up

It is an exchange account but my IT dept is acting like it is a big secret and is unwilling to give me any help. thanks

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sadly there isn't much that I can do, except tell you to keep pestering them or else!! :p

6. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    email

n99-

figured it out on my own no less- morons at work. it was as simple as /exchange that i was missing. go figure. anyway, thanks you are very knowledgeable and i appreciate your help. Since you are so knowledgeable maybe some help on the next two questions.

sometimes my screen gets stuck one way or the other while trying to change to a long or short keyboard- what to do to get it unstuck? i shook it about and it seemed to work?

Is it bad to overcharge like keep it charging over night to wake up to 100% full?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Glad you figured it out!!

Sometimes I will tilt it and hold it the other way to try to force it if it doesnt want to rotate.
    You cant overcharge the battery. I plug mine in at night and leave it on there for 8hrs or so and when I get up its at 100%, even though it charges fully in about 2-3hrs.

8. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    deleted pictures accidentally

Thanks for all of your help. I will leave you alone after this one. Noticed somehow that i have possibly deleted my picture gallery (OUCH) but i know my external card is working because my music is still there-- is there a hard drive on this thing for me to find it and is there a place for my music to stay if my card crashes? it is saved automatically somewhere. Thanks again. d

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Not sure I understand. Where is your music coming from? A computer? If so then its saved on your computer as a backup and you probably stored it on the SD Card.

10. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    Music not the problem sorry but as of yesterday i lost my picture gallery. I had them on my media card from the other phone that i put in. I knew that the media card is good because because it downloaded my music- anyway anyway to get my pictures back by going somewhere on the phone?

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Oh I see, if they were on the SD Card and they got deleted, then sadly they are gone.

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Do you have a file manager? I use eStrongs.
    market://details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

* There is a program to recover files from SD cards. I can't think of the name right now.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

13. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    thanks and that is what i thought- bummer. thank you for all of your help. you have made me love my phone even more because i understand it better.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Glad we could help!!

15. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  16. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    n99-

How about my work email it will only sync once per day- not like every 15 minutes- seems strange because on my other accts it will update pretty regularly- why on a corporate acct is that the only option besides days? is there a way to change that?

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    When you say corporate do you mean exchange or POP/IMAP Work email?
    Either way, there should always be another option, never seen it only update once per day.

18. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    exchange account unless i am just stupid i will check it again but pretty sure that is what it was.

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Exchange accounts are to receive emails as soon they arrive, unless there is some settings on the server end the IT guys are keeping a secret. Thats the whole point of exchange, so you dont have to check every 15 minutes, it arrives as mail hits the server.

Your IT guys either suck or are lazy (or both) :)

20. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    email accounts

well i set up my work exchange acct but it will not receive incoming emails- is there something i am not checking or need to check.

also, seems that i don't get my email as often as i should on my main account. anything i could do so that when i unlock it automatically updates?

when the phone goes on save mode and the screen goes dark am i still getting updates such as email? that is the only thing i don't like their is no indication that i have a text or email message? anyway to change that too- like a ding or bell every once in a while? If i am not right by the phone i would never know i had a message.

Thanks.

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I dont know, like I said its probably something on the server end. Exchange is meant to update as messages hit the server, so you should ALWAYS be getting messages.

You setup sounds within the Mail Application you are using for messages, or sounds under the settings screen on the main screen.

Also, yes, when the screen is off you will get messages.