1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Work Email set up

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by boog55, Dec 9, 2010.

1. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I think sherri uses Missed Reminder.
    market://details?id=ru.orangesoftware.areminder

* Sweet! I got the package name without installing the app. Sharing from the AppBrain app puts it in the url.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I di not know if this will post correctly. If not, I will fix when on pc. I use Missed Call by Anno. Only issue is it will not do repeating sounds for email. Handcent SMS has a setting for repeated notifications, as well as customized led alerts.

Missed Call
    This list was generated with Listables! Free on the Android Market. For more info see http://alostpacket.com/

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What apps are people using in place of the Stock Android Exchange app to overcome the limitations (like only the inbox can be selected to sync). I've downloaded TouchDown and am trying that out.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Welcome back EQBob, I use Mail Droid for my work exchange account.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Hockey.... thought I remembered from times past there was an everything android site... Nice that my registration was still active and carries across the sites. My Saga finally started messing up too badly to maintain... kept haveing to rebuild it..... Hate giving up my real keyboard, but gotta move on in life and there ain't no way in hell I'm buying a blackberry. Fascinate seemed like the best choice for me. Have had it for 2 days and learning the ins and outs.

On Mail Droid, does the contact pictures from within Exchange sync over to the android stock app for phonebook and contacts? They do not in TouchDown.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I dont sync my contacts and calendar for work, just emails, so I am not sure if they do or not. I use Gmail for my contacts and calendar and the images there do not show in Mail Droid when you look at an email. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well, that would be consistent I think with the mantra of keeping the dB's separate for security.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Swype is better than a 'real' keyboard.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I've tried it a few times. Worked pretty well. Also did the voice recognition thing a few times. Was AMAZED at how accurate that was.

11. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    is there a droid app that supports microsoft exchange 2003? i tried droid mail but only does 2007. thanks

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Touchdown I think does

13. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    I can't get it to sync- anyone know of a help site fot TD? I just need something simple

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Everything Android App

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Here is their site.
    http://www.nitrodesk.com/support.aspx

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Nitro's help desk is very responsive. I've had several email exchanges with them over the past week as I've been evaluating touchdown for my use.