1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB droid

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stlcardinal13, Dec 17, 2009.

1. stlcardinal13

stlcardinal13 New Member

Aug 23, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Looking for a Droid to give as a christmas present. The cheaper the better. Thanks

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    www.wirefly.com has them for $149.99 with a new 2yr. contract. but their site is pretty confusing and they try to sell you a bunch of services that you don't need.

walmart has them in the store for $188.00 with a new 2yr contract. but you have best buy price match that price and get it there. that's what i did and what i would recommend.

are you planning on getting it with a contract or buying at full retail?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stlcardinal13

stlcardinal13 New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Im sorry i didnt specify i need to buy one without a contract any condition is fine

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Good luck getting any type of deal. Its too new.

6. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Agreed. You're going to pay at least 500 without a contract. And I seriously doubt you can find someone who has one to just give up. Why would they? This phone is awesome. Maybe if its someone close or a family member you can add a aline. That way you would get the discounted price.

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Good suggestion !!! But, I have had a bad experience doing that. Maybe a netbook ... I want one :dft011:tounge_out

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    my girlfriend and i have 3 lines now, i'm adding a 4th just to get the discount on the droid for her for a gift. crazy!

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Ok, Jester...I'm confused. The price on the Droid with a contract (the best we've seen, according to you guys in this thread) is $149.00. Adding a line to a VZW plan is $9.99 per month. Droid requires data plan of $29.99 per month. So, cheapest you are getting the Droid for 10 months is $300.00 (plan price for 10 months...) and $149.00 for initial phone...10 months= $449.00...Add approximately $60.00 (for 2 more months) and you are at $509.00...

Why is that a bargain? (Don't get me wrong, I love the phone...) This can work if one of your other lines is ready to expire...then get the Droid, and drop the other line...but still, if you just have a basic phone at $9.99 per month, the Droid is much more expensive...

10. sinbadmcs

sinbadmcs New Member

Dec 19, 2009
    $119 Moto Droid Still Available from Dell

Cheapest deal yet. Purchased November 27th for $119 thru Dell. They went to $129 now again back to $119. See link:
    mobility.dell.com/specialoffer.aspx?cid=35693_cfc1432078a947b4ada68b956fbb92d1

Peace to all Droid Heads :)

11. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    you're numbers are sound, but here's how i break it down:

first off, only my line and her line have data plans. so as soon as the new droid get's activated i switch it to her line and activate a razr on the new line. so no more $29.99 per mo. second, her line doesn't have insurance, so her current phone (ozone) will sit in a draw in case she breaks the droid. the ozone cost us $50.00 (same, if not cheaper then deductible) so instead of paying $7 per month for insurance i'm paying $10 per month for an additional line, which can always be used by someone if need be. i figure the extra $3 per month i'm spending is justified by the love i have for her and wanting her to have an awesome phone, and to have an optional backup line to use. which our 3rd line has saved us in the past. plus, we're moving to new york city and starting our own business so we'll probably use the additional lines as business numbers.

i never said it was a bargain. i just like having lots of cool toys. :dft010:big_smile

12. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I guy I know got the Droid, then decided he didn't want to pay for the data plan and other extras...He also had some "miscommunication" with VZW over his upgrade and associated costs...

Long story short, he sold it on Ebay last week. I took an entire hour to get his "buy it now" price.

13. stlcardinal13

stlcardinal13 New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    yeah i think ebay or craigslist might be my best bet, gotta watch the scammers though:dft007:angry