1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

WTF-Numer buttons not working for touch tone calls

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Sportn' Life Records, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Sportn' Life Records

Nov 2, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Has anyone experienced the problem of calling T Mobile, a bank or movie phone etc, and the numbers on your G1 not working to access different prompts?

2. ninjaap

ninjaap Guest

That's usually a problem with the DTMF tone. It needs to be set to "long".

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gPhunk

gPhunk New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I can't seem to find any settings for DTMF tones. Care to elaborate Ningaap?

I had this problem the other day when listening to my messages. When I hit "7" to delete the message it wasn't responding. I couldn't hit any other keys either. I hung up and called back to see if it was a quirk or something and I got the same non-responsive result. I then got distracted so didn't look into it any further.

Today however after reading this post, I tried it again in both Silent Mode (which I thought may be the problem) and with the Ringer on and in both instances it worked fine. I suppose it was indeed just a quirk?

5. ninjaap

ninjaap Guest

I would, but I don't have a G1 yet. I've just been lurking around. Checkin out the complaints and praises of the G1. Trying to decide if I want one. I went to a t-mobile store last week and checked it out. But, I wasn't sold on it. I'm not going to elaborate what I didn't like about it, because I know that your replies will be biased. I'll wait for the white one to come out. That might pull me in...