Droid Incredible You whats up incredible world!

Discussion in 'HTC Android Phones' started by andrevv85, Apr 30, 2010.

1. andrevv85

andrevv85 New Member

Just got my incredible and I got to say its sweet. Other than the fact I can't figure out how to customize my message ringtones. Any help? Maybe I'm just a dummy and am over looking it but we'll see!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

glad you are enjoying the incredible, i know i am
    havent gotten to changing ringtones yet, someone will answer soon

welcome to eA!!
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Weapondrift Active Member

settings> Sound and Display > Notification sound.
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to everythingAndroid.org and congrats on your Droid Incredible!
  6. andrevv85

andrevv85 New Member

Thanks for the info but can you add custom ringtones instead of the pre loaded ones that come with? Thanks
  7. gnath9

gnath9 Member

Yes you can ... From your pc create two new folders named "ringtones" & "notifications" on the root of your card and drag your mp3's into the appropriate folder. You can now access them from the sound settings.

Oops ... I forgot your on the Incredible but ... I am sure its the same but on your storage partition. Also you should be able to long press on the file and choose "set as"

Let us know if this works out.
  8. andrevv85

andrevv85 New Member

Awsome. Worked like a charm! Thanx for the help everyone. Had me worried I wasn't going to be able to cusomize everything! lol Just switched from a crackberry and this is my first Droid, and so far its incredible. I love all the apps. Anyone know of any can't live without apps. Curious to see whats out there that i havent seen yet? Thanx again!
  9. n99hockey

glad you got it
    side question to this..can those folders be on the SD card?

some of my fav apps are:
    evernote
    handcent
    google voice
    ewallet
    palringo
    pandora
    skyfire
    twitter
  10. andrevv85

andrevv85 New Member

yea thats where i made mine. How would you put it on the phone memory. I havent figured that out yet either. Brand new at this droid thing but its coming along nicely
  11. n99hockey

you could get a file manager app
    or you could hook it up to a computer and navigate through it that way
  12. andrevv85

andrevv85 New Member

i just noticed i posted "You whats up Incredible world" lol haha ment "Yo" must of been in a hurry, my boy picked up on that, but yea so like just connecting to my computer i can go through my phone memory? just like if i was looking through my sd right?
  13. n99hockey

its all good

yea you need a file manager though
    i was advised to get Astro File Manager
  14. larsdennert

larsdennert New Member

There is even an app to edit music so you can snip songs forintoned.

I've hate phonefor a bit because I rendered and got it early. I'm never going back to Windows mobile.

Astro is cool. Besides being an awesome file explorer It allows you to back up the apps so you have the apk. It has an ftp client too.
    Other apps to check out:
    Androzip
    Astrid
    Barcode scanner
    Docs to go
    Tapatalk
    Easytether
    Fring (does what Skype is supposed to)
    PhotoShop mobile
    Remote desktop
    Swiftp
    usa tv guide
    WiFi analyzer

A bunch more that may not interest the average Joe.
  15. larsdennert

larsdennert New Member

Wow tons of crazy auto corrections in there. Sorry.
  16. Weapondrift

I recommend running everything off of your memory card...just in case something gets deleated by accident or you for some ungodly reason have to do a hard reset...which I highly doubt you ever will...but thats just my two cents.
  17. andrevv85

andrevv85 New Member

thanks for the input everyone! helps alot.
  18. n99hockey

want to add AndFTP
    works really well and super easy to setup
  19. larsdennert

larsdennert New Member

Swiftp is an ftp server in case anyone is wondering. Not a client. Allows you to browse the phone from a pc or whatever.
  20. Weapondrift

How are you liking Barcode Scanner? I thought of downloading it...but I dont know of any time I would use it.
  21. larsdennert

larsdennert New Member

Bit of a gimmick. For shopping I haven't really used it or compared to shop savvy. I also need to try out the qr capability. It does read the codes though. As another gimmick I loaded keying which scans all your grocery club cards and lets you empty your wallet of them.