1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Youtube on galaxy s III problem

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TR3YCDC, Dec 7, 2012.

1. TR3YCDC

TR3YCDC New Member

Dec 7, 2012

Sponsored Ad

It only lets me sign in with my google email, but not my username. I cant check any of my video views or anything and it's really annoying. Any advice?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The email address should be tied to your user/screen name. What do you see in the upper right corner? Is your user name not there? Maybe you had changed, but forgot?

I used to have a screen name and password, but I don't use youtube that much. Those did not work. They seem to require the email address as the only way to log in that I can see now.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TR3YCDC

TR3YCDC New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Its the email associated with my username but its as if my email is the channel and not my username

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you using a youtube app or accessing via web browser?

6. TR3YCDC

TR3YCDC New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    The built in app

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Can you select the drop-down arrow next to your email address? That has links to settings and should also list both the email address and username. Also links to your channel, subscriptions, profile, etc.

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Also try signing in via the browser to see if it is different.

Last shot would be to reset the software by pulling the battery while the device is on > count to twenty > replace the battery and let it reboot fully.

9. TR3YCDC

TR3YCDC New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I dont see a drop down arrow and i can sign in with my username only on the browser

10. TR3YCDC

TR3YCDC New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Everything is all good i solved the problem

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Can you post the solution as it may help other members.....

12. TR3YCDC

TR3YCDC New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Sorry for the wait. I just used the wrong email and when i typed in the right one my username came back with all my stuff

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Super....Thanks!