1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube : 'Touch to retry' problem.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Atharva Koppal, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Atharva Koppal

Atharva Koppal New Member

Jul 5, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Phone specifications:
    Moto G XT1033
    Android : 4.4.2

Problem :
    The YouTube app constantly shows, "problem while playing. Please touch to retry". Despite the numerous retries, the videos fail to load, but only on WiFi. They work while on 3G connection.
    I tried opening the app through the Chrome browser, but even there the videos wouldn't play.

Measures tried :
    1.Clearing the cache
    2. Uninstalled the updates, loading videos on older YouTube which still didn't work, and then reinstalled the updates.
    3. Factory reset of the phone

As the possible problem could be in the WiFi connection, the router was reset. But that problem is ruled out because YouTube works fine on my other phone, Galaxy Y, while using the same WiFi network.

How could I resolve this issue?

Problem :
    The YouTube app constantly shows, "problem while playing. Please touch to retry". Despite the numerous retries, the videos fail to load, but only on WiFi. They work while on 3G connection.
    I tried opening the app through the Chrome browser, but even there the videos wouldn't play.

Measures tried :
    1.Clearing the cache
    2. Uninstalled the updates, loading videos on older YouTube which still didn't work, and then reinstalled the updates.
    3. Factory reset of the phone

As the possible problem could be in the WiFi connection, the router was reset. But that problem is ruled out because YouTube works fine on my other phone, Galaxy Y, while using the same WiFi network.

#1 Atharva Koppal, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  2. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    It think it should be internet connection problem..

3. Sponsored Advertisement