1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Official I Just Got My Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by howler9443, Apr 29, 2010.

1. howler9443

howler9443 New Member

Apr 19, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Wow, its been a few days now and the novelty still hasn't worn off! Woohoo! This device is just soooo slick and so useful. I'm a Droidhead now. hehe

"iPhone? I dun nee no steeenkin iPhone!"

Thanks for the tips on contact management, I will certainly start putting them to use.

2. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Same here got mine Thursday and can't seem to put it down. I don't think most iPhone diehards will care much for it but my 3gs is currently up for sale. Would have been nice though to have the design and build quality of the nexus one with the incredible. Essentially the same device other than the outer shell, camera, and sense UI. The nexus feels like a much more solid device in your hands.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    damn you just buy everything dont you! :p

5. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Umm I plead not guilty.
    I think ill stick with this one a while. So far its my favorite ive had in a while. Biggest complaint is the keyboard. Mainly the spacebar should be bigger. I keep hitting the period instead of the spacebar.

6. Napoleon_PhoneApart

Napoleon_PhoneApart New Member

May 2, 2010
    My Incredible will be delivered tomorrow, but I'm in South Carolina and won't be home until Friday afternoon. I really didn't expect it to ship for at least another week.

7. howler9443

howler9443 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Hey Napolean, where in SC are you? I am from that area, though I live in central, PA these days.

8. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    I'm visiting in Conway. My son lives in nearby Myrtle Beach, though.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That's a shame...atleast you will have a nice gift waiting for you

10. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I will have to see this phone. Twice the Eris? I like my Eris.

11. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    Today, but I'm 450 miles away until Friday.

12. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    That would drive me nuts.

13. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    Meh. I'll get over it. Seeing my son is more important than testing a cell phone.

14. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Oh without a doubt. Having a one month old and being a first time dad my priorities have definitely shifted. I'll do a lot less gadget hopping. It'd still drive me nuts knowing that shiny beast is waiting on me though. ;)

15. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    Well, my son is exactly 374 months old today. He's still my baby. :eek:k:eek:k

16. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    So have ya picked it up yet?

17. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    I've been using it for about four hours. It's certainly different. I hope I can get accustomed to it in a couple of weeks. Everything seems to be buried in menus. What a pain.

Trying to highlight a word during a reply to a post is damn near impossible. Apple has everyone thoroughly beaten in this regard.

Autocorrection isn't too shabby, however.

The display is pretty nice as well.

More to come...

Is there an Android app comparable to Wunder Radio?

18. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    When I try to do that, it's as if my phone is saying, "Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?" I then proceed to tap away hoping that I'll find myself in the middle somewhere.

[​IMG]

19. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    That's not a good way to do it.

I can understand being on a CDMA network and not being able to talk and surf at the same time, but not being able to take a flash picture and talk at the same time?!?! Lame.

Also, the Skype app can't use wifi - only the cellular connection. Weird.

20. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    I don't think not being able to take a pic at the same time is limited to just cdma or Android devices. I'm pretty sure a lot of my gsm Nokia n series phones and BB phones worked the same way.

Chris, is this possible with the nexus. I never tried.

Not sure why Skype doesn't work over WiFi. Their symbian app was the same way back when I used it. May have changed since. Skype will really be nice on the iPhone when 4.0 is released. Currently the Nokia N900 has the best Skype experience. The DI has so much potential for a good Skype experience. Hopefully the WiFi limitation goes away.

21. Napoleon_PhoneApart

May 2, 2010
    Skype is pretty good now on the 3GS. I use it quite often when calling Mindi (Europa).