1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Some things I havent figure out with CM7

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Feb 19, 2011.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Make sure you are backing up only apps and app data, and NOT system data.

2. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Well it wasn't just when I ran TB. I noticed every time I rebooted my phone I would have the same problem. I think it has something to do with CM7. I flashed CM6 and it seem to be keeping all my info now. Except that my Mobile Banking app never keeps my login info. I just started using the browser to check that now.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    is USB debugging on? :D

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    thats an inside joke*

6. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    And still... so funny.

7. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    It really sounds like you are restoring as opposed to backing up. Are you absolutely sure you're taping the right batch? Try managing a single app versus the batches. See if your backup count increases. Should go without saying, set the maximum number of backups to make room.

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    welcome to the party iP5 :)

9. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    As I stated before\/

10. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Thanks.

I flash nightlies and with some builds find some apps missing and restore from TB. So, yes, agree CM7 was a work in progress but there's been quite a few 'stable' releases now.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

11. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    To the original OP, navigation still messed? It's always worked for me & CM since I think eclair and the G1, N1 and now DHD.

Have you checked XDA if this is common one your Inc?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

12. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    I gave up on the nightlies all together and have been flashing stables as they are released. The biggest problem I have with them is that my login info for my banking app is never remembered. I know it isn't TB, because I haven't loaded it up the last 2 times I flashed.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I did figure finally after many cuss words and fights with my phone that it was the Radio AND the Firmware. I finally had to reflash everything and it finally works.

Oh and BTW in CM7 the settings for text notifications are located in Messaging>Settings>Notifications. They are NOT located in the volume settings