1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

what u want to choose, ipad or Nexus7?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by fskldgnvc, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy New Member

Nov 30, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Yes an iPad is a tablet. A Veyron is a car. What's your point?

C'mon man! Why are you guys trying to twist things? It's rather amusing. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    Only the first in a category gets credit with the invention. Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin, but there have been lots of newer versions created since then. People don't credit each new version as an invention, only the first. Apple didn't invent the iPad because the idea had already been created, what they did was market the pants off of it so that people would forget that they weren't doing anything new.

Sent from my DROID4 using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Once again, he said iPad, not Tablet. Apple engineered the hardware and OS. I'm not denying it's a tablet. With your logic, tablets were around way before Microsoft. Didn't Moses have 2 tablets? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. iphonewarrior

Bronze

Jun 2, 2011
    ZR does have a point. After all it's an iPad, which in turn is a tablet - whichever way you look at it. Whether or not Apple, 'marketed the pants off of it...' means nothing.

Anyways, as I stated earlier, I own both because I like both pieces of hardware and software. The iPad's better and there is no arguing that, but the Nexus 7 isn't something which should be compared to the iPad as it's not designed to be an iPad competitor in anyway shape or form because it's aimed at a completely different market. Why do you think Apple is making an iPad Mini/Air?

6. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    I have both and while I prefer the Nexus 7 for many things there's no denying that the ipad experience is better. Not because it is necessarily a better device but because there is absolutely no comparison in the number or quality of tablet optimized apps. Hopefully the Nexus 7 spurs a spike in developer interest in android tablets. Right now I prefer my nexus 7 for gaming, media, and internet browsing but the ipad is my daily driver when I need a laptop replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• Agree Agree x 1