1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

WiFi issue.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgray636, Jul 13, 2013.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

So now you will all be even nicer to me because I am older, right?

:rolleyes:

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Trust me, I've been called worse by people who did intend to offend. A mistake like that is no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well um....<cough><cough> I think I'e only been not nie to you once.

5. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    good info here...but to all of you people leaving it on always youre CRAZY! that will def waste battery because it periodically checks for signal

6. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    but then again now that i think of it my work pushed my WIFI settings to my phone via location. they use Amtel mdm to push profiles and stuff to my phone based on my location...so maybe thats why my battery is in good shape

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not sure I understand your statement? You're saying leaving wifi on runs down battery life? More than a cell data transmission? I suspect most people's experiences would not be the same. My battery certainly runs down faster on cell than on wifi and I live in a 4g area.with good coverage almost everywhere I am/go. Guessing your second post is where you're reconsidering that?

Interesting tatoo. Yours?

8. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    I mean regardless of the cellular data, leaving wifi on and searching in the background uses more battery life when its not connected. But then again, i am almost OCD aware of my battery levels at all times. When you compare cell data and wifi head to head - i would bet wifi wins that bet every time but leaving wifi on and searching in the background i notice a difference.

9. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Haha Chuckles the cat - do you like?

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I'm not sure how it is even possible to have both connected. I'm not sure what you mean by on and searching, if, it is different than just having it in the background and allowing it to switch to know networks when it finds them...

11. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Theyre not both connected, but like you said, in the background searching. That constant search or ping to check if a WIFI network is available is actually using battery...some phones more some less